3190 W 21st Street #304

Tulsa, Ok 74107
(located next to the west side Department of Public Safety Driver License Testing)

April Inhofe
Monday- Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm

View Larger Map

The Motor Vehicle Division is the office of record for all vehicle/boat/outboard motor lien entries and releases. The Division’s Lien Section may be reached at (in state toll free) 1-800-522-8165,
extension 13344 or (direct) 405-521-3344. Most lien entry and release transactions may be completed
at any motor license agency.

  • To record a security interest on a newly purchased vehicle or a vehicle changing ownership, a secured party  must complete and submit an Oklahoma lien entry form along with the assigned Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (new vehicle) or title (used vehicle) and the lien filing fee of $10.00 to the Oklahoma Tax Commission or any motor license agent.  The lien will be processed and the appropriate forms returned to the secured party.  The secured party will return the appropriate documents to the debtor with a notice to title and register the vehicle within thirty (30) days.  Upon payment of all applicable transfer taxes and fees, an Oklahoma title will be issued to the record owner, reflecting the perfected lien.
  • The above lien filing procedure also applies when a lien is being perfected on a vehicle that is not changing ownership.  The lien filing fee is $10.00, in addition to the title fee of $11.00 ($2.25 boats/outboard motors). A new Oklahoma title reflecting the perfected lien will be issued to the record owner.
  • For vehicles entering Oklahoma from another state, any lien reflected on the out of state documentation will be carried forward to the Oklahoma title record. An Oklahoma lien entry form will be prepared and sent to the lender. The fee for processing such a lien is $13.00 (rather than the $10.00 fee referenced above).
  • To release a lien, the lien holder must sign and date two (2) release of lien forms.  Mail one (1), signed and dated, copy of a lien release to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, P.O. Box 269061 Oklahoma City, Ok  73126, and one (1), signed and dated, copy of the lien release to the debtor.
  • When a lien release cannot be obtained, a notarized statement from the secured party may be accepted. Refer to Lien Release Affidavit Letter in the Forms section of this site for downloadable instructions on this process.
  • The lien release copies of Lien Entry Form 21 will continue to be accepted after January 1, 2009, to release liens filed prior to that date.

Oklahoma Lien Entry Forms

(Please note, all information on lien entry forms must be typed, computer generated, or printed in a legible manner.  Forms with illegible information will not be accepted.)

Effective 1/1/09, the 6-Part Lien Entry Form 21 will no longer be accepted to perfect a lien.

Lien Entry Form #21A

Specifically formatted for personal computer entry.  Available for downloading from the Forms section of the Motor Vehicle Information section of the Oklahoma Tax Commission website or you may download the MV-21A here. Any lien entry form which follows our template and which includes all listed information will be acceptable.  However, non-complying forms will be rejected.

Four (4) identical copies of the completed lien entry form are to be generated by the lien holder and submitted to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) or motor license agent (MLA).

After processing, one (1) copy will be attached to the titling documentation along with a copy of the lien fee receipt.  One (1) copy, along with a copy of the lien fee receipt, will be sent to OTC in the agents semi-monthly report.  One (1) will be filed at the MLA’s office. One (1) copy of the lien entry form, one (1) copy of the lien fee receipt and the four (4) part lien release form will be returned to the lien holder.

Lien Entry Form #21
Begining January 1, 2009, the 6-Part Lien Entry Form 21 will no longer be accepted to perfect a lien. However, the lien release copies of this form will continue to be accepted to release previously filed liens. For questions concerning this matter, contact the Motor Vehivle Lien Section at (instate toll free) 1-800-522-8165, extension 13344, or (direct) 405/521-3344. Email inquiries may be directed to the Oklahoma Tax Commission via the Commissions general email address at

(918) 591-3098 

Email us: